Okay this might be a tough one – where can I find good freshly roasted, tasty coffee (ground/beans) in Santiago, Chile? I’m looking for coffee that’s single-origin and wet-process.
If you’ve had coffee in a restaurant in Santiago, you may have realized that coffee here is not what you are used to. Maybe that’s the reason for “cafe con piernas” in Chile where scantily clad woman make up for the bad tasting coffee.
- Original Green Roasters Coffee (new location at Rancagua 040 , between Baquedano and Parque Bustamante metros) sells some great stuff. Just walk down Ramon Carnicer, alongside park Bustamante from Baquedano. They serve the best coffee i have found in Latin America and also sell fresh roasted whole beans. Great guys too. They do the best fresh handmade pasta too.
- Coffee Culture in Maipu (and they might deliver)
- Colmado (Merced 346) sells some good quality Peruvian and Colombian coffee beans as well. Run by Spanish chef Manolo Aznar
- Juan Valdez coffee shop or even Starbucks although not cheap !
- Jumbo or Lider supermarkets carry some coffees. Some of these supermarkets in their internal coffee shop will grind them for free.
- El Barisino (Villavicencio 232) in Lastarria has some very good italian coffee beans for sale. Very good price for what I saw. I am a coffe lover and can asure that the coffee from El Barisino is really good!
- CAFEFIX is a new little shop near Apoquindo/ Enrique Foster with awesome coffee.
- Tostaduria Talca has some nice organic coffee imports.